Sampler: American Chordata
This week’s Sampler offer is our last for the summer – there aren’t many independent magazines publishing in August, so we’ll be taking a break before returning on Thursday 1 September with our next offer.
And we’re ending our first half of 2016 on a high, with the latest issue from American Chordata, the literary magazine based in New York that won Best Original Fiction at the Stack Awards last year.
This fourth issue is packed with more writing than ever, including four stories, two non-fiction essays and 16 poems, alongside work by 36 artists and photographers from all around the world.
In this issue:
– A worldly, exhausted Russian DJ navigates a second-hand encounter with death in Manchester
– Quais Akbar Omar recounts a decisive event in his father’s carpet shop on Chicken Street, in Taliban-ruled Kabul
– An exploration of how the words we use to describe pain interact with the experience of pain in the body
– Luminous new work from poets including F.J. Bergmann, Lauren Camp, Keenan Teddy Smith and L. Ward Abel
– And art and photography selected by Bobby Doherty, staff photographer of New York Magazine
As always, with Sampler you get free shipping to the UK, US and Europe (heavily subsidised anywhere else) and 10% off the cover price. Head over to our Sampler page to see more spreads and to bag a copy.