- 166 pages
- 27cm x 19.5cm
- Published in Bratislava, 2019
Backstage Talks brings together a collection of design luminaries to provide their thoughts on what they do and why they do it.
This issue is rooted in Central Europe, and looks out across the globe. Experts from the creative industries discuss a wide range of subjects, from the meaning of innovation, to designing an environmentally friendly website, and the romanticisation of failure.
In this issue:
- Graphic designer Zuzana Lednická, hand letterer Petra Dočekalová and illustrator Martina Pauková on branding, placemaking and evolving your style
- Read what Eike König has to say about the necessity of good work relationships
- Aaron Draplin on finding time to help others
- Ryan Singer, head of product strategy at Basecamp, on why designers have to stop being stupid
- Plus six great designers across continents, fields and ages, (including Paula Scher, Scott Belsky and Michael Wolff) on what triggered their steepest learning curve and what skills designers should keep perfecting
Issue three of Backstage Talks is also available in the Stack shop.