- 102 pages
- 15cm x 30cm
- Published in Beirut, 2019
A Dance Mag is the Beirut-based magazine giving a voice to our moving bodies. Spanning philosophy, identity and history, this launch issue looks at the way dance transcends differences, distances and disciplines, with contributors around the world offering their own interpretations on movement.
This second issue centres around ‘furor’, telling stories of creative confrontation.
In this issue:
- Dancing into oblivion in Luca Guadagnino’s Suspiria
- La Cabeza Alta: “How flamenco lifted my head”
- Body piercing and ritual self-mutilation at a Thai vegetarian festival
- Syrian director Osama Halal confronts audiences with the realities of human experience in war through his acclaimed theatrical works
- A tribute to the revolutionary leader Rosa Luxemburg on the centenary of her death