- 124 pages
- 27cm x 29.5cm
- Published in London, 2018
The latest issue of Eye magazine is the second of two specials about magazine design and art direction — and the biggest ever issue in the 28-year history of Eye, the international review of graphic design.
The Eye logo on each cover is foiled with one of six different materials. Readers will receive one cover selected at random.
In this issue:
- The California Sunday Magazine, Germany’s ZEITmagazin and l’Obs (France), art directed by Serge Ricco
- Steven Heller profiles Michele Outland, who art directs two food mags: mainstream Bon Appétit and indie Gather
- Peter Biľak’s Works That Work, membership magazine Work., Spare Rib, and short-lived sports mag Jock
- Crowley delights in the surrealist layouts and covers of Ty i Ja, an ambitious Polish magazine from the 1960s
- The ‘Reputations’ interview with influential art director David Driver, best known for his work at Radio Times in the 1970s and later The Times