- 349 pages
- 30cm x 23cm
- Published in London, 2018
The Gentlewoman is the magazine for purposeful, modern women. Though their interviewees are often known for impressive feats of movie-directing, novel-writing or enterprise-building, they seem to reveal a genuine, personable and utterly original side to themselves on these pages. This is a heavy volume stuffed with profiles of powerful women, observant sartorial features, and fabulous, enlightening commentary.
In this issue:
- Cover star and filmmaker extraordinaire Agnès Varda, as photographed by Alasdair McLellan and profiled by Holly Brubach
- An interview with the outstanding Ottowan actor Sandra Oh
- A fascinating conversation with north London guitar band Girl Ray
- The era of the smokeless high is upon us, along with a group of female consumers who like their marijuana lab-tested, low-dosage and edible
- And fashionable statements by image-makers including Karim Sadli and Colin Dodgson and stylists Jonathan Kaye and Jane How
Issues 19 and 20 of The Gentlewoman are also available in the Stack shop.