- 32 pages
- 24.5cm x 20cm
- Published in London, 2019
If magazine superfans formed a club, Gym Class would be their club bulletin; founder and editor Steven Gregor describes this new issue as looking like “a well-designed boy scouts newsletter”.
This latest iteration of the 10-year-old project, the ‘Autumn/Wintour’ edition, celebrates the best magazine covers, podcasts and “basic bitch stuff” around.
In this issue:
- Five mag-obsessives talk about their first loves, lost loves and IKEA bookcases
- The podcast renaissance, and what it means for indie mag makers
- How some classic magazine covers were made, including The New York Times Magazine, The California Sunday Magazine, and British Elle
- And a polite request to the makers of Cosmopolitan magazine to bring back the centrefold (Gym Class nominates Shia LaBeouf!)
Gym Class volume 2 issue 1 is also available in the Stack shop.