- 144 pages
- 27cm x 20cm
- Published in Paris, 2018
Taking its title from the Italian word for ‘crazy’, Matto is a bi-annual magazine that seeks to escape definition. Instead, it remains in a constant state of experimentation.
This first issue takes readers across the globe to meet artists and creators whose work reflects the magazine’s primary goal: “to fluidly combine art-photography-literature-fashion-music-sex”.
In this issue:
- Erotos, a 24 page portfolio by Araki Nobuyoshi
- “I keep everything even if it is rubbish”: A studio visit with young Japanese artist Masaho Anotani
- Scottish installation artist Claire Barclay on the joy of unusual materials like engine grease
- A conversation about how we inhabit spaces, with urban research duo Metasitu
- Department-H: photo reportage of a fetish soirée at Kinema Club, Tokyo
- Singapore designer Theseus Chan on the creative use of emotions
Matto issue 2 is also available in the Stack shop.