18.5cm x 26cm
Published in Beijing, 2021
Open Sesame is a magazine devoted to the weird and wonderful world of Taobao, China’s enormous online shopping site. This third issue’s theme is ‘Taking Responsibility’, delving into both the power and peril enabled by online commerce.
In this issue:
- Taobao’s true believers – the people selling religion online
- Take the quiz to find out: What type of shopper are you?
- The God of Taobao – profiling founder Jack Ma
- Expectations vs. Reality – how do Taobao purchases shape up?
- And lots (and lots) of pets in costumes