- 208 pages
- 27.5cm x 21cm
- Published in Beirut, 2020
Safar is Beirut’s bilingual (Arabic-English) and biannual independent visual and design culture magazine, providing a window into cultural production in the Middle East. The fifth issue’s theme is Migrations.
In this issue:
- Mekdes Yilma and Tsigereda Brihanu discuss the realities, challenges, and dangers faced by migrant domestic workers in Lebanon
- Miranda July shares three short stories translated into Arabic for the first time
- Elia Suleiman talks about identification with the globalised Palestine and his latest film, It Must be Heaven
- Lebanese jazz trumpeter Mazen Kerbaj illustrates his daily attempts to learn German
- Steven Heller on his experiences with impostor syndrome
Like what you see? Issue 4 of Safar is also available in the Stack shop.