- 214 pages
- 28cm x 21cm
- Published in Beirut, 2021
Safar is Beirut’s bilingual (Arabic-English) and biannual independent visual and design culture magazine, providing a window into cultural production in the Middle East. The fifth issue is themed ‘Power’.
In this issue:
- The extensive cultural and environmental narrative that Hezbollah has cultivated in Lebanon and beyond
- The process of dismantling racist and colonial powers structures in US design institutions
- The long and complicated history of electricity shortages in Lebanon
- The revolutionary potential of Palestinian printed material
Like what you see? Issue 5 of Safar is also available in the Stack shop.