- 94 pages
- 23cm x 28cm
- Published in London, 2019
‘Shado’ stands for ‘See. Hear. Act. Do’, and encompasses the ways in which artists, researchers, activists and writers are using their talents to highlight marginalised issues.
Shado’s mission states that “at every site of conflict, reactionary creativity prevails, and by capturing the pulse of these creative communities, we hope to create a platform for new narratives to form.” This first issue is entitled ‘Changing Perspectives: Stories of Migration to Europe’.
In this issue:
- Photographer and digital artist Abdulazez Dukhan uses powerful images to offer a different perspective on those forced into migration
- Mohammed Rahemah, who grew his pop-up brunch business, Mo’s Eggs, out of his experiences in the Calais Jungle
- The story of Majid Adin, the winner of a competition to create the official music video for Elton John’s Rocket Man
- Alaa Arsheed on using music to build bridges between cultures
- Work by award-winning artist and reportage illustrator, George Butler