- 112 pages
- 23cm x 28cm
- Published in New York and Portland, 2019
The Nib publishes pointed journalism and political satire in the form of comics.
Animals: we love them, we eat them, we meme them, we are one. In this issue, comics artists from around the world pack 112 full-colour pages with original stories of graphic journalism, memoir, and satire.
In this issue:
- Lisa Hanawalt illustrates a story of the former Guantanamo Bay detainee Mansoor Adayfi recounting the wild animals he met while imprisoned by the United States
- Venezuelan-born cartoonist Mike Centeno explores the machismo surrounding bullfighting
- Sarah Glidden ponders how being a new parent changed her relationship to eating meat
- Featuring works by Ruben Bolling, Gemma Correll, Ben Passmore, Lucy Knisley, Joey Alison Sayers, Matt Furie, and more than 30 other human cartoonists
Issues two, three and four of The Nib are also available in the Stack shop.