- 176 pages
- 21 cm x 28 cm
- Published in Berlin, 2019
A reflection on growing up and living in a culturally hybrid environment, This is Badland magazine bridges the Balkans with the ‘West’, bringing art, culture and creativity from offbeat places to a worldwide audience through their biannual print publication.
Issue 3, Larger Than Life, brings together an inventive Balkan-rooted mix of editorials, features and interviews to examine the new and contradictory cult of the self.
In this issue:
- Lock eyes with Braco, the Croatian healer with a global following, to retrace the surveillance quality of his gaze
- The photographer Viktor Naumovski retraces a journey taken by his grandfather as a young man, accompanied by a 3D rendering of his grandfather’s head
- In Narcisse, Johanna Jaskowska subverts the standards of synthetic Instagram face filters
- Marina Damjanović and Alice Rosati return to Bosnia and Herzegovina’s famous ‘pilgrim village’, in search of a transcendental experience promised, but not guaranteed, by tourist boards