- 222 pages
- 42cm × 27cm
- Published in New York, 2022
Renowned for its gorgeous photography and illustration, Victory Journal is devoted to the intersection of sport and culture, splashing athletes’ blood, sweat, and tears onto its oversized, large-format pages.
This issue, Halftime, explores sporting and artistic expression at a moment of intense pressure and promise.
In this issue:
- Jet Toomer and Nina Chanel Abney’s kaleidoscopic dialogue on leisure
- New York City bicycle gangs finding community amid emptiness on the city’s Covid-emptied streets
- The iconic images of photographer Walter Iooss Jr. and his most famous muses, from Muhammad Ali to Michael Jordan
- And a personal history of the Ruff Ryders motorcycle stunt crew through the eyes of Yayi the Queen